Today’s public safety isn’t only about the visible threats, it is also about the invisible cyber security threats that compromise data. Governments, companies, schools and critical infrastructures are facing an increasingly challenging cyber security environment. In this session we will address applying enterprise security in operational technology, cyber security threats in smart cities, and current security frameworks as they apply to smart cities.
Founder, AM Cyber and Chief Research Officer, RAVENii
- Founder of AM Cyber, Consortium of like minded Security Researchers with focus on the common good.
- Currently Chief Research Officer, RAVENii
- Former Bank CISO, Sr. Security Administrator for an International Union, and Security Architect for Federal Home Loan banks.
- 20 year Security Advisor and Research veteran,10 years Utility and Critical Infrastructure, 5 years Mass Transit, 8 Years financial market.
- Team lead of numerous cross industry Red Team Engagements.
- IOT researcher, Smart grid, component based research, home automation robotics, anti fraud investigations, incident response and consulting lead for several security firms. Consumer reporting and industrial research.
- Lead numerous privately held case studies as it relates to Public safety and product awareness.
Senior Program Officer in Entrepreneurship, Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
Evan Absher is a senior program officer in Entrepreneurship for the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, where his work includes identifying ways to help cities further innovation and growth in their communities. He also is focused on helping to educate policymakers on new insights and understandings that result from Foundation-supported research and providing support for the Foundation’s Entrepreneurship and Education departments in the formation of applicable local policies and programs. Prior to joining the Kauffman Foundation, Absher worked as a special assistant for Policy in the Office of Mayor Sly James, Mayor of Kansas City, Mo. Earlier, he founded a small theatre company in Chicago and was a professional actor.
Absher earned both his juris doctor and bachelor’s degrees from the University of Missouri-Kansas City. He enjoys music, art, theatre, sports, and reading.
Dallas has worked as an IT and information security consultant for over 20 years with most of his experience coming while owning a managed service provider. Dallas received concurrent bachelor degrees in Information Networking and Telecommunications (INT) and Computer Information Systems (CIS). He is currently a Master’s Degree candidate with the SANS Technology Institute (STI) in Information Security Engineering (MSISE). Dallas holds numerous industry certifications including the CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, GCCC, GCPM, GPEN, GMON, and GCIA. When not working or collecting security certifications like baseball cards, Dallas can be found organizing BSidesKC. While Dallas enjoys both offense and defense, his heart lies in helping various industries with the blue side of the house.
Senior Security Architect, NTT Security
John Winger is a Senior Security Architect at NTT Security, a globally respected organization specializing in information security and risk management. NTT Security provides consulting services, managed security services and technology solutions to leading fortune 500 organizations.
John has been involved in IT professionally for nearly 20 years the last 10 years have been focused on information security. He spends his spare time supporting local Kansas City security groups like SecKC, Missouri Innovation Campus and Summit Technology Academy.
Prior to joining NTT Security, John worked at GEHA. At GEHA, he led a team of security analysts providing incident response, security analytic, SIEM management, security assessment and internal penetration testing services. He is also a BSidesKC organizer and a AFA Cyber Patriot technical mentor at Summit Technology Academy.
- Director of Engineering for RAVENii, Network Engineer at Yellow Dog Networks and BSidesKC President.
- Security Researcher for AM Cyber
- Member of the Fort Hays State University Informatics Department Advisory Council
- 18 years experience in service provider and enterprise networking and security